Thursday, June 7, 2012

Second Chances

I'm sitting here printing out little Star Wars name tags and activities for my son's birthday party on Saturday. I've had a great but busy week and I still have lots to do before the big day. We have out of town company coming as well as tons of friends. You know, the usual. It's nothing you wouldn't do. I don't really feel stressed about it, mainly because of my new "I don't care" cleaning policy. If I can live with it on a daily basis, guests can live with it for a day. I will, however, wash the guest sheets and clean the toilets before guests arrive. There's about a 50% chance of vacuuming.

So this is all good and I'm happy but very tired. A little late on preparing my flower beds this year, I've spent the last two nights spreading 28 bags of mulch. Yes, that's 56 cubic feet. And yes, I just double checked my math on the calculator because I'm so tired. But this is still all good.

But as the printer chugs along, I print something that isn't quite right, tear it in half, fix the document, and print another one.  Then, here is where my mind goes...

I can start over whenever I want.

I can, no matter what, stop anything and try again. The Bible says that in the beginning, God created everything by speaking (Genesis 1), and Jesus was the Word who caused everything to come to pass. (John 1:1–2, 14) So if you put your faith in Him, all you have to do is stop what you're doing, ask for forgiveness, and start again. And you can do this as many times as you need to. Why? Because we're human. And God knows this. Anything that is broken can be fixed. Anything that is wrong can be made right. Any person, place, object, situation, or idea can hold purpose through Christ. It's just that simple.

Through Jesus, ALL things can be made new.



2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

John 1: 3 (NIV)
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.


No comments:

Post a Comment