Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Unfriended

Recently I was unfriended on facebook by someone I considered to be a good friend. There was no confrontation, no explanation, and as far as I know, no real reason to do so. "Big deal!" you say. Big deal, my foot! Regardless of the fact that I am a full fledged grown-up, it still hurt my feelings! I know it's just facebook, and I realize that this person may even think that I would never notice. Well, I noticed. "Maybe it was on accident!" you say. No, only if this person accidentally unfriended my husband as well. Not likely.

Even if it was not a direct attack, it was an insult in my general direction. So to make myself feel better, here are a few reasons I have come up with to rationalize why this person may have decided to unfriend me:

1. I chew a lot of ice. Loudly.
2. Sometimes I still watch reruns of Dog the Bounty Hunter.
3. I secretly have mad krumping skillz.
4. My mom car is just too sexy.
5. I'm uncannily good at 80's trivia.
6. Nearly every room in my house somehow incorporates an element from Star Wars.
7. I find that most meats are really just a vehicle for Frank's hot sauce.
8. Any four pair of shoes in my closet, added together, are valued at less than $100.
9. My passion for saving orb spiders may be just a bit too weird.
10. I just look too darned much like Monica Lewinsky.

So,  I guess I understand. Some of these offenses are pretty rough. But I hope one day this person sees through the outer me and forgives whatever I may have done - or appeared to have done. And I really hope this person knows that I still love them.

On a side note, I am exceptionally grateful that facebook did not exist when I was a teenager. Because if so, I would still be paying for the therapy bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment